The original recipe is from Food Network: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/portobello-tacos-with-pico-de-gallo-recipe-1944682
- Total: 30 min
- Active: 25 min
- Yield: 2 servings
- Level: Easy
- Portobello mushroom caps, sliced (1 to 1 1/2 per person)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (enough to coat while tossing)
- Garlic powder
- Lime, to squeeze over mushrooms while grilling
Pico de Gallo:
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped (or serrano — seeded if you can’t tolerate spicy foods)
- 2 tortillas (corn, flour, wheat, cauliflower, etc.)
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
Set up your grill and heat up your coals.
When coals are almost ready, toss mushrooms caps in oil and garlic. Set stand for a few minutes. Place mushroom slices onto grill. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes.
OR grill on a grill pan OR on a gas grill
Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for the Pico de Gallo. Season with salt and let stand for a few minutes.
Squeeze lime over the mushroom slices and then sprinkle with some salt. Flip and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes and squeeze more lime and salt over slices.
Heat tortillas on open section of grill while mushrooms finish up, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Remove tortillas from the grill. To assemble, place a few slices of the mushrooms on a tortilla, top with Pico de Gallo and sliced radishes, and serve immediately.